In 1991, Dr. Don Cheatham began practicing pediatric dentistry in the state of Oklahoma. In 2003, Dr. Cheatham left his private practice to start Children’s Dentistry of Coffee Creek. To him, the decision was more than a career choice; it marked the ability to experience the joy of helping children in his community on a daily basis.
“It’s fun and interesting to watch children grow and change. Their unabashed honesty, unlimited creativity, and uncontrolled laughter renews my faith in mankind.”
About Dr. Cheatham
Dr. Don Cheatham holds over 39 years of experience working in dentistry and has spent the last 30 years focusing on his passion: pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Cheatham graduated from Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor of Science in microbiology. From there, he went on to the University of Oklahoma’s College of Dentistry, where he became a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1981. After practicing as a general dentist from 1981-1990, Dr. Cheatham began his residency in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Florida’s College of Dentistry, where he earned his certificate in 1991.
Following his post-doctoral work, he returned to Oklahoma where he worked for three years as a contract pediatric dentist for the USPHS Indian Health Service before establishing a 12-year private pediatric practice in Duncan, OK. Then, in 2003, he started his current practice, Children’s Dentistry of Coffee Creek in Edmond, OK.
In addition, Dr. Cheatham holds life status as a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, a title awarded to pediatric dentists based on their excellence in high quality oral health care for the complete range of patients in their care, including infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special needs. Dr. Cheatham is affiliated with Summit Medical Center in Oklahoma City and uses the guidelines and policies established by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Smith-Kline Beecham Consumer Brands Applied Student Writing Award, University of Florida (1991)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Scholastic Dental Society, University of Oklahoma (1981)
- Academy of General Dentistry Award, Oklahoma Chapter, Academy of General Dentistry (1981)
- Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry Award (1981)
- Joseph Champagne Award, University of Oklahoma (1981)
- L.D. Pankey Institute Scholarship, University of Oklahoma (1981)
- Departmental Honors: Pediatric Dentistry, Fixed and Removal Prosthedontics, University of Oklahoma (1981)
- Diplomate: American Board of Pediatric Dentistry – Life Status
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Oklahoma Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Member: Southwest Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Associate, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member: Pedo Gators, University of Florida Pediatric Dental Alumni Association
- Member: Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Scholastic Fraternity
- Past President: University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry Alumni Association
- Member: American Dental Association Member: Oklahoma Dental Association
- Member/Mobile Clinic Volunteer: Oklahoma Dental Foundation
- CHEATHAM, B. and PRIMOSCH, R.: Pediatric local anesthesia-current concepts and future challenges. Update in Pediatric Dentistry 4:1-8, April 1991
- CHEATHAM, B. and Primosch, R. and COURTS, F.: A survey of local anesthetic usage in pediatric patients by Florida dentists. Journal of Dentistry for Children, 1993
- CHEATHAM, B. and HENRY, R.: A dental complication during chemotherapy for acute lymphoblast leukemia.
The staff at Children’s Dentistry of Coffee Creek has a combined experience of over 30 years in our field. Each member of our team takes pride and joy in being able to use their skill set to better the lives of every child that comes through our doors. In everything we do, we hold ourselves to a high standard of both patient and parent satisfaction and care. We hold certifications in both PALS and CPR, as well as work with Summit Outpatient Surgery Center for dental cases that require surgical intervention.
Our Community Partners
We believe in supporting the needs of our community however we can. Below you can find information on a few local charities we partner with that directly benefit families in need. If you’re interested in donating, you can bring your donations to our office during business hours!
Infant Crisis Services, Inc.
We are proud to be a drop-off location for Infant Crisis Services, a local charity that supports little ones in need in our community. They directly provide food, clothing, and diapers to parents and caregivers in need of support. We personally deliver all donated items to Infant Crisis Services every Thursday. For more information and a list of the most-need items, visit infantcrisis.org. Thank you for helping us support and care for Oklahoma babies and toddlers in need!
Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
Did you know that 1 in 4 Oklahoma children struggle with hunger? We hold an annual food drive from November 20th to January 1st to help to solve this need. Donation items can be dropped off at our office during business hours and are personally delivered to the food bank weekly!
Click here for a list of most-needed items.
2800 N. Kelly Ave, Suite 200
Edmond, OK 73003